Kampungkayell

Food, life, and fun in my "kampung,"(village), KL (Kuala Lumpur). Did I mention "food?"


By Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

Hmmm...Blogging!

Maybe it's to satisfy my frustrated yearnings to be a writer.

Maybe it's narcissistic soul searching.

Maybe it's just fun to have a diary of thoughts and happenings when it actually happened.

I know that it's partly because I was reading a friend's blog that inspired me to do this. Yes, Chui, "do or do not. There is no try." I'm doing ok?!

Joy's back!

Never thought that I would actually have fun driving a VW Beetle. An old one at that. But I am. My mantra used to be faster, flashier, and faster. But somewhere along the way, I think my horizons expanded enough to accomodate sentimentality. The benefits of ummm...maturity?

Well, Joy, as she is known, is a gorgeous copper gold, with a nice CD player that plays MP3s and WMA files. Shh! I'm still downloading music. Don't let the music industry know please!

The car is actually Allan's but I did put time and heart into her restoration along with Allan, so I feel that I can claim some bit of her.

Sharon and Giles, cuz in law and cuz respectively just squeezed a bun out of the oven. A bouncing baby boy named Alexander Mark Goonting. AMG, for those of you who don't know, are a premier tuner of cars. You know, the faster, flashier, faster thing. But I'm so happy for them. It's taken them a long time to have a child and knowing them, they will be marvelous parents.

No Comment

Post a Comment