Kampungkayell

Food, life, and fun in my "kampung,"(village), KL (Kuala Lumpur). Did I mention "food?"


Neroteca

By Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

A couple of Sundays ago, Allan was off in Bali and I was at a loose end for Sunday breakfast, so I took myself off to Neroteca.

DSC_0032.JPG

Situated just off Cangkat Raja Chulan, very near Little Havana, it isn't exactly in the most visible spot in town. However, you can't deny it's central location. It's smack dab in the Golden Crescent/Triangle.

DSC_0003.JPG

Neroteca is one of those places which has a very comfortable welcoming interior. Great interior decor. Casual, contemporary, it's one of those places which are becoming more and more visible in Kuala Lumpur. A place which many people will say makes them feel like "I don't think we're in KL anymore, Toto" but in a good way! ;-)

DSC_0014.JPG

Sitting at the breakfast bar and reading the Sunday papers was a fantastic way to spend a lazy Sunday morning/afternoon.

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

My cute waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and efficient. No complaints about the service.

DSC_0008.JPG

Since I was on my own, carrying my HUGE D70, they must have been wondering why I was arranging the items in front of me and snapping away. Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, Balsamic vinegar, and a little salt was a nice twist on the usual dip.

DSC_0010.JPG

Wonderfully, crusty bread to go with the dip. Why does anyone even bother with butter anymore. Yum!

DSC_0013.JPG

Imported Bottled Water. This is the part I find rather curious. In the US alone, the Bottled Water business is estimated to be around US$8 billion. Insane!

DSC_0020.JPG

An Italian sausage and mushroom stew with polenta. The sausage was spicy, but a bit too salty. Texture was great. The Polenta was firm and smooth. Perfect. The mushroom stew was lovely, rich, earthy, yum!

DSC_0023.JPG
Neroteca sells pastas, to frying pans. Very interesting concept. The way theplace is laid out definitely makes one want to cook.
DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG
The dessert selection is a bit thin and in terms of price, rather steep.
DSC_0028.JPG
Cold cuts. Looks good. Everything is imported by the looks of things.
DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG
The Chef in the kitchen.
DSC_0031.JPG

All in all, a very enjoyable experience. One that I am itching to repeat. Any takers?

Ground floor, somerset
8 lorong ceylon
50250 Kuala Lumpur
tel: 03 / 2070 0530
fax: 03 / 2070 2530

14 Comments

i know where it is... time to give it a try.

The name conjures up something up for me ;o)

Bring me bring me!

Yes, I am shameless.

settled..it has just bcome one of my new favourite places..a good quiet wkend afternoon..

count me in *slurp*

Cool we organise one for Sunday lunch...hmmm might have to be AFTER I come back lah...which reminds me... have to put notice up on Blog. :-)

I'm in... have been past there, but not in the daytime.

Let's go when I'm back from Europe :)

Oh, and I couldn't find the beef noodle place in Section 16 :( But I found some FANTASTIC Chicken Rice instead. You must come!

I bet my eyes will be very busy looking around.

Poor thing...all alone ar? Why never call us?

sneexe, then will have to wait till I get back from Europe ;-)

Jason, are you saying you like Italian Men/Women? And you think there'll be lots there?

precious; sorta decided to go and eat at 11am ;-) So short notice. It was nice though.

it's my favourite weekend place too! http://pitter-potter.com/?p=12

Post a Comment