Kampungkayell

Food, life, and fun in my "kampung,"(village), KL (Kuala Lumpur). Did I mention "food?"


What a difference a few hours can make

By Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

"Nigel, come here now!" The urgency with which Aunty Pek summoned me pulled me into the room. I had been preparing to come home and make dinner. Just a few hours earlier we had been preparing to say goodbye to Mum. I never realised it would be so soon. I had thought that it would be a few days, maybe next week. Instead we were thrown into a maelstrom of fast moving events with the death of my Mum at 8pm on 8 Sept 08.

I'm amazed I can write this so calmly.

Mum had been sick for months. Almost 7 months. In a way, I could only think that it was a blessing for her. And for Dad. Poor bloke has been her main caregiver with the nurses and Kak Kris for the entire 7 months now. And his life had really been on hold.

Only thing I do know is that for 44 years I've had the pleasure, privilege of having my one and only Mum around. For the love that she gave me, Dad, and later Allan, and the blessing she was to us, I can only be grateful and give thanks.

Thanks Mum for life, love, and her unconditional support. In short, thank you for everything you gave all of us.

14 Comments

dearest nigel, its always difficult for friends to articulate what they feel at times like these, but just want you to know you are in our thoughts, and you can take comfort in the fact that your mum has gone to be with the Lord. take care, hugs.

Oh dear... -hug-

Sorry to hear the sad news. It's hard to lose a parent. Thoughts and prayers with you, Allan and your family during this time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss... Be strong *hugs

fbb; thank you so much.

janvier; thanks luv

implosion; thank you very much

jason; thank you...

Deepest condolence Nigel, and take care *hugs*

My deepest condolences, Nigel and Allan. I only met your mom a couple of times but I could see her love for you and your family.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

*HUGS*

My deepest condolences Nigel...*hugs*

Our deepest condolences. *hug*

Being so far away on holiday, I feel distressed that I am not there in KL. My deepest condolences, Nigel and Allan, and I shall call you when I am back. God bless.

tears welled in my eyes reading this. sorry again and our thoughts will be with you and your family.

Nigel and Allan -

I am at a loss for words. I am sorry for your great loss.

*hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Love,
Ken.

Dear Nigel, Alan and Uncle...so sorry that I was not able to organise myself to make a trip to KL for mum's funeral...glad you posted the eulogy...I know the final farewell at hospital and church must have been a celebration of live and of great love...take care...hugs from les and family

Thanks Les...much appreciated

Post a Comment