Kampungkayell

Food, life, and fun in my "kampung,"(village), KL (Kuala Lumpur). Did I mention "food?"


Jose Carreras in Concert

By Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy



I was not about to pay a minimum of RM280 to sit in the Gods to watch Jose Carreras sing.

I felt the ticket prices were very expensive and something I did not value enough to plonk for.

Then on Sunday, I get this message from a very good friend that she had scored 2 extra tickets for the concert on Tuesday night. Would we like to go? And oh yes...they're complimentary.

Naturally, I jumped at the chance. Its one thing to pay RM280 but another entirely to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Allan and I donned our suits and made our way to the venue and met up with our friends.

Jose was in fine voice and yes, you could nit pick and say that he's past his prime, but all in all, I felt that his technique was as good as ever and I learnt a lot just from watching him.

I even got to shake his hand and get his autograph. Fabulous.

All in all, a very fun and fine evening.

Did I mention we also had champagne at a post concert party?

No Comment

Post a Comment